The uninsured in El Paso County is a community issue and we are taking a community approach in working toward a solution.
OBMC is a member and partner with several groups and churches within the community:
- Community Health Partnership (CHP)
- National Association of Free & Charitable Clinics (NAFC)
- Free Clinics of the Western Region
- Community Access to Coordinated Health Care (CATCH)
- El Paso County Medical Society
- Colorado Springs Fire Department
- Over 48 area churches and individuals
Mountview medical group, Colorado Springs Health Partners,El Paso County
- We also work closely with the other free clinics in town S.E.T., Mission Medical, and the Dream Center (DCCS) to insure patient coverage and access as well as to avoid duplication of services.Quest Diagnostics for basic labsThese organizations have helped to provide volunteer recruitment and referrals, basic labs and x-rays, as well as equipment and medical supplies.
The Pikes Peak Baptist Association and the Colorado Baptist State Convention have also contributed with funding.
We have recently been fortunate enough to receive a grant form the Myron Stratton Home, that will provide funding for medication.
And of course we have received many small donations from private donors.